04.02.2013 | New World Vitiligo Day Twitter up and running.
The new World Vitiligo Day twitter page is up and running and ready to tweet @WVitiligoDay.
Tweet us your support events, news and any other ways you can think of helping the WVD campaign reach 500,000 signatures.
March 2017 (1):
January 2017 (1):
December 2016 (1):
July 2016 (2):
April 2016 (1):
March 2016 (1):
January 2016 (2):
- Theme for 2016: "How I Feel"
- World Vitiligo Day 2016 rally at the Capitol in Washington, DC on June 25th.
July 2015 (5):
- Sydney Vitiligo Support Meeting
- World Vitiligo Day 2015: over 500,000 petitions!
- John Harris's latest blog from the UMASS School of Medicine
- The power of millions united in celebration.
- World Vitiligo Day 2016 headquarters will move to Prague.
June 2015 (8):
- World Vitiligo Day 2015: beyond expectations!
- World Vitiligo Day youtube channel
- World Vitiligo Day 2015 in Canada
- World Vitiligo Day Petition update
- Winnie Harlow on dealing with vitiligo discrimination
- World Vitiligo Day fast approaching.
- Vitiligo Mission: An Appeal from IADVL
- Vitiligo group leaders meet in Vancouver, Canada
May 2015 (4):
- Vitiligo Advanced Technology Summit
- Marathon for World Vitiligo Day
- World Vitiligo Day calender
- World Vitiligo Day 2015: a quick update.
October 2014 (1):
September 2014 (1):
August 2014 (4):
- Chantelle: America's Next Top Model, cycle 21, premiers on Aug 18
- Taking flight with Michaela DePrince
- More photos from World Vitiligo Day 2014
- World Vitiligo Day 2014 in Croatia
July 2014 (3):
- World Vitiligo Day recognized by the Governor of Massachusetts
- World Vitiligo Day 2014 video of events in Chandigarh
- World Vitiligo Day exceeds all expectations
June 2014 (6):
- World Vitiligo Day 2014 kicks off in Chandigarh
- First Annual Vitiligo Aweareness walk in New Jersey
- Picture Your Vitiligo
- World vitiligo day you tube channel now running
- The World vitiligo Day video - Black or White
- Youtube world vitiligo day tubes
May 2014 (3):
- Vitiglio prevalence discussed on BBC
- World Vitiligo Day T-shirts update
- World Vitiligo Day 2014 in India
April 2014 (5):
- In memory of Prof. Antonio Salafia
- New Support groups
- Awareness growing in the WWW vitiligo community
March 2014 (2):
February 2014 (1):
December 2013 (2):
September 2013 (3):
June 2013 (11):
- Offical Mayoral proclamation for World Vitiligo Day in Detroit
- World Vitiligo Day goes live on Fox TV 27.06.2013
- World Vitiligo Day in Kenya with VISOKE
- Happy world vitiligo day
- World Vitiligo Day in Puerto Rico
- World Vitiligo Day 2013 events in Kazakhstan
- June is officially a Vitiligo Awareness month in Georgia
- Vitiligo Walk-a-Thon in Texas
- T-Shirt Challenge
- World Vitiligo Day Facemotions
- Vitiligo walk-a-thon in Nigeria launched campaign in West Africa
May 2013 (2):
February 2013 (2):
November 2012 (1):
October 2012 (2):
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 502180 signatures of the target 500000 (100.44%). Now let’s get 1 million signatures!