This website, http://25June.org (the “Site”) is operated by the VR Foundation (“VRF”, “We” or “Us”), a non-profit organization legally incorporated in 2012.
Your Personal Information
We do not share the information you’ve given us with unaffiliated groups without your explicit permission. We may share some of your personal information with the following groups:
• Affiliated Third Parties – for example, our database administrators – for the sole purpose of helping Us do our work. These groups do not share your personal information or use it for any purpose other than as instructed by Us.
• Unaffiliated Third Parties, such as the United Nations’ officials, world leaders or recognized leading media companies, whom we may engage to facilitate the 25 June initiative, when you sign petition.
When you give VRF personal information, we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, VRF cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Under circumstances where we determine that members may be misusing our systems for malicious purposes (for example, using the numbers we provide to make harassing phone calls), such activities may be reported to law enforcement agencies. In such cases, VRF may release personally identifiable information, including name and address, to those agencies.
Petitions and Surveys
For petitions and surveys you've signed or completed, we treat your name, city, state, and comments as public information—for example, we may provide compilations of petitions, with your comments, to world leaders and other targets. We will not make your street address publicly available, but we may transmit it to the designated target as part of a petition. This is a standard industry practice in such situations. In no such case will we disclose your email address or phone number, without your permission. We may also make your comments, along with your first name, city and state available to the press and public online. VRF is not responsible for the content of use of your email address by campaign targets.
Sending Emails Via VRF
In certain cases, we may enable you to send individual e-mails to world leaders as well as Letters-to-the-Editor to various news publications, through our website. These messages are sent in your name, with your e-mail address as the return address and your full name and contact information is provided as part of the submission. These messages will only be sent out under your name as you approve them on an individual basis using our email tool. You are solely responsible for the specific message(s) you send using our email tool. VRF takes no responsibility for the content of use of your email address by campaign targets.
VRF does not solicit personally identifying information from children. Visitors who are under 13 years of age should ask their parent or legal guardian for assistance when using the Site and should not submit any personally identifying information to the Site.
Some parts of the Site may be password-protected. We will use a cookie (cookies reside on your computer and are under the control of your browser) to enable you to return to password-protected areas of the website without having to re-enter your password. If you wish to disable these cookies, the help portion of the tool bar on most browsers will tell you how do that. If you set your browser to disable cookies, however, you may not be able to access certain parts of this Site.
Links to Other Websites
VRF may revise or amend this policy at any time at our sole discretion. If we make any substantive changes in the way we collect or use personally identifying information provided by users, we will post a prominent announcement on our web site home page and post the changes on this page. We will never change our policies and practices to make them less protective of user information collected prior to the effective date of any changes without the consent of affected users. We encourage users to visit this page periodically to review our current policy.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, your personal information, or the practices of this Site, you can contact info@25June.org
Email from VRF
VRF may send you updates on this and other important campaigns by email. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so by emailing complaints@25June.org with "unsubscribe" in the subject heading.
Terms and conditions
Use of this site is provided by VRF subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. VRF reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to VRF are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will VRF be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. VRF does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions: Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from VRF. If you require further information about the use of content please contact us at info@25June.org.
7. VRF takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the United States of America.
11. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
12. The views of contributors to this website are not necessarily the views of VRF.
1, Penn Plaza, #6205 New York, NY, 10119, USA
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
Take part in survey
We have collected 15543 signatures of 500 000 (3.11%)