Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 501435 signatures of the target 500000 (100.29%). Now let’s get 1 million signatures!
- 501435) Privacy Protection, 06/27/2016 08:17
- 501434) Fiona Connan, Melbourne , Australia, , 06/27/2016 07:41
- 501433) Ida Wanjohi, Nairobi, Kenya, student, 06/27/2016 07:34
- 501432) Vikas Malik, Sonepat, India, Human Rights Auditor, 06/27/2016 07:04
- 501431) Gael Donaldson , Sydney , Australia , Manager , 06/27/2016 05:23
- 501430) Alexandre Paquin, Rivière-du-Loup, Canada, Food & beverage assistant director, 06/27/2016 04:43
- 501429) Nathaly Mercado, Fakers, Perú, University Student, 06/27/2016 02:37
- 501428) Justin Nicks, Denver, USA, , 06/26/2016 23:42
- 501427) Yolanda Alsup , Elgin, USA, Driver, 06/26/2016 23:22
- 501426) Katie Bohannan , South elgin, Usa, Teacher , 06/26/2016 23:03
- 501425) Martin Austin, Mt Prospect , United States, , 06/26/2016 22:55
- 501424) Ashley Shepherd, Oak Grove, United States, , 06/26/2016 22:33
- 501423) Ana María Aparício , Madrid , España, Ama de casa, 06/26/2016 20:36
- 501422) Randi Fuhrman, Maryland, USA , HR Specialist, 06/26/2016 20:01
- 501421) Privacy Protection, 06/26/2016 19:44
- 501420) Shawnta Brown , Bakersfield , United States , , 06/26/2016 17:39
- 501419) murat mızrakçı, ankara, turkey, , 06/26/2016 17:31
- 501418) Caroline Stevenson , Falkirk, Scotland, Housing officer, 06/26/2016 17:16
- 501417) Jennifer Sanchez, Colorado Springs, USA, Army wife and Mom, 06/26/2016 16:57
- 501416) Gérald Rémillard, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec, , 06/26/2016 16:50
- 501415) Gilles BIDEAU, CHAVAGNES-EN-PAILLERS, FRANCE, Student, 06/26/2016 16:03
- 501414) severine lavaure, paris, france, professeur, 06/26/2016 13:26
- 501413) pierre legault, montreal, Canada, Web Developer, 06/26/2016 13:22
- 501412) Privacy Protection, 06/26/2016 12:39
- 501411) Privacy Protection, 06/26/2016 12:27
- 501410) Bas Hurenkamp, Apeldoorn, Netherlands, Technical support bike industry, 06/26/2016 11:51
- 501409) David Lachance, Prospect, USA , Sales, 06/26/2016 11:22
- 501408) Lind Lachance, Prospect, Usa, , 06/26/2016 11:03
- 501407) MARIA LEFTAKI, PATRAS, HELLAS (GREECE), ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 06/26/2016 08:39
- 501406) Marija Jovanovic, mladenovac, srbija, , 06/26/2016 07:56
- 501405) Privacy Protection, 06/26/2016 07:10
- 501404) Pierre Delourme, Bolquère, France, , 06/26/2016 07:09
- 501403) William Larnach-Jones, London, United Kingdom, , 06/26/2016 06:43
- 501402) Privacy Protection, 06/26/2016 06:10
- 501401) Tania Gomez, Baldwin, USA, , 06/26/2016 05:03
- 501400) Isabelle Bédard, Shawinigan, Canada, Enseignante, 06/26/2016 03:14
- 501399) Jose Cruz, Farmersville , United States , Student , 06/26/2016 02:15
- 501398) Privacy Protection, 06/26/2016 02:00
- 501397) Mercy Awaje, Abuja, Nigeria, Student, 06/26/2016 01:43
- 501396) Mercy Awaje, Abuja, Nigeria, Student, 06/26/2016 01:40
- 501395) Privacy Protection, 06/26/2016 01:25
- 501394) Lindsay , Rochester, United States, , 06/26/2016 01:13
- 501393) Justin Starner, Chesterhill, USA, , 06/26/2016 00:50
- 501392) Alice Balensiefen, Dallas, USS, Event Planner, 06/25/2016 23:14
- 501391) Privacy Protection, 06/25/2016 22:56
- 501390) Catherine Londei, Montreal, Canada, , 06/25/2016 22:29
- 501389) Margarida Noronha, lisboa, Portugal, , 06/25/2016 22:18
- 501388) Alejandro Gallegos, Guayaquil, Ecuador, Sound Technician, 06/25/2016 22:02
- 501387) Lisa Hill, Moncks Corner, USA, Retired School Teacher, 06/25/2016 21:50
- 501386) Bailey Gaines , Summerville , USA , Student, 06/25/2016 21:41