Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 500941 signatures of the target 500000 (100.19%). Now let’s get 1 million signatures!
- 500941) Taylor Castle , Atlanta , USA , Barista , 05/27/2016 02:53
- 500940) Anton Leonov, Ekaterinburg, Russia, Bank Employee, 05/26/2016 16:36
- 500939) Алиса Иванова, Санкт-Петербург , Россия, Студент, 05/26/2016 16:13
- 500938) Privacy Protection, 05/26/2016 12:47
- 500937) Apryll Alcorn, Lansing, USA, Student, 05/26/2016 12:26
- 500936) Richie Findlater, North Ridgeville, United States, , 05/26/2016 11:17
- 500935) Ieva Kenstavičiūtė, London, United Kingdom, Student, 05/26/2016 10:57
- 500934) Onyinye Chika, lagos, Nigeria, Marketing communications, 05/26/2016 09:27
- 500933) Torri Chambers, Lansing, Ingham, Teacher, 05/26/2016 05:46
- 500932) Ronnie Robinson Jr, Columbus , USA , , 05/26/2016 04:28
- 500931) Privacy Protection, 05/26/2016 02:31
- 500930) Privacy Protection, 05/26/2016 01:32
- 500929) Daphney Sylvain, West Hempstead, USA, nurse, 05/26/2016 01:02
- 500928) megan lyon, kent, england, student, 05/25/2016 23:43
- 500927) Privacy Protection, 05/25/2016 23:14
- 500926) shantoria fraser, lansing, united states, banking, 05/25/2016 22:58
- 500925) Scott Stults, Hays, United States, , 05/25/2016 21:28
- 500924) Tyneisha Thurman , Lansing , USA, Senior Store Rep, 05/25/2016 18:17
- 500923) Privacy Protection, 05/25/2016 18:10
- 500922) Nieisha Yarbrough, Lansing, United states, Self employed, 05/25/2016 17:28
- 500921) Ebony ROBERTSON, Surprise, USA, Teacher, 05/25/2016 17:04
- 500920) Deborah Kirby , Lansing , USA, Operations Supervisor , 05/25/2016 16:36
- 500919) Deborah Kirby , Lansing , USA, Operations Supervisor , 05/25/2016 16:29
- 500918) Arriel Smith, Lansing, Usa, , 05/25/2016 16:06
- 500917) Brenda Franklin, Lansing, USA, , 05/25/2016 16:06
- 500916) R S, Lansing, US, , 05/25/2016 15:54
- 500915) Albert Mask, Lansing , United States, , 05/25/2016 15:46
- 500914) Lauren Clay, Lansing, USA, Government, 05/25/2016 15:44
- 500913) Rashanda Coleman, Lansing , United States, Stay at home Wife and Mother, 05/25/2016 15:41
- 500912) Falisha VanHorn, Lansing, USA, Medical Assistant, 05/25/2016 15:23
- 500911) Charra Stallworth, Lansing, United States, , 05/25/2016 15:19
- 500910) Natasha Smith, Lansing, United States, Cosmetologist, 05/25/2016 15:08
- 500909) Raymond Castillo, NY, USA, Retired, 05/25/2016 09:42
- 500908) William Low, London , England, Student , 05/25/2016 08:49
- 500907) Anca Todorut, Budapest, Hungary, Gyes, 05/25/2016 02:14
- 500906) Charlie Pike, London, UK, Student , 05/24/2016 21:48
- 500905) Privacy Protection, 05/24/2016 21:26
- 500904) Privacy Protection, 05/24/2016 20:18
- 500903) Beth Hunt, Dayton, United States, Biologist , 05/24/2016 20:04
- 500902) David Cordun, Northwood, England, , 05/24/2016 20:03
- 500901) Ellie Bowles, London, Uk, , 05/24/2016 19:58
- 500900) Ben Diamond, London , U.K. , Student , 05/24/2016 19:45
- 500899) Ollie Maher, London, United Kingdom, Student, 05/24/2016 14:55
- 500898) Марина Повханич, Ужгород, Украина, Artist, copywriter, 05/24/2016 07:14
- 500897) Галина Повханич, Ужгород, Украина, Designer, 05/24/2016 07:12
- 500896) Cliften Desravines, Somerville, United States, Artist, 05/24/2016 01:36
- 500895) David Sheppard, HILLSBORO, United States, ESL Teacher, 05/24/2016 00:58
- 500894) Zaen Khilji, SKJETTEN, Norway, , 05/23/2016 20:16
- 500893) Biljana Rakic, po, serbia, student, 05/23/2016 19:48
- 500892) Milagros Maestro, Manzanares, España, , 05/23/2016 19:24