Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 500450 signatures of the target 500000 (100.09%). Now let’s get 1 million signatures!
- 500450) Елена Талмач, Самара, Россия, Юрист, 02/09/2016 18:13
- 500449) Pietro Strada, Genoa, Italy, Student, 02/09/2016 17:06
- 500448) Pietro Strada, Genoa, Italy, Student, 02/09/2016 17:06
- 500447) Ajay Pandith, Sagar, India, Film maker, 02/09/2016 12:34
- 500446) Jeanette Rourke, Leamington Spa, United Kingdom, Reception/Administrator, 02/09/2016 10:59
- 500445) rodolfo longoria, menifee, riverside, none, 02/09/2016 05:49
- 500444) Milagros Cruz, San Juan, Puerto Rico, admissions coordinatir, 02/08/2016 13:15
- 500443) roshan rathnayaka, maharagama, sri lanka, driver, 02/08/2016 10:24
- 500442) Rosa Montes de Oca, ny, us, preschool evaluation coordinator, 02/07/2016 01:15
- 500441) Diego Zuniga , arequipa, peru, student, 02/06/2016 22:37
- 500440) Carmen Perez, La Romana, Republics dominicana, Lic sistema , 02/06/2016 05:21
- 500439) Amy Meservey, Crystal Lake, United States, Employee education director, 02/05/2016 21:26
- 500438) Stephanie WIlliams, Philadelphia, United States, , 02/05/2016 00:08
- 500437) Jeremy Moore, Philadelphia, United States, Student, 02/05/2016 00:06
- 500436) DHEERAN SINGH, durban, south africa, , 02/04/2016 12:05
- 500435) María Bartolomé, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Administrative, 02/04/2016 08:03
- 500434) Agunbiade Funmilayo, Lagos, Nigeria, Entreprenure, 02/03/2016 07:16
- 500433) Luciana Tardio, Curitiba, Brasil, Professora, 02/02/2016 10:29
- 500432) Lucia Maria Marson, Mirano, Italy, , 02/01/2016 23:16
- 500431) Zoran Nedic, Pancevo, Serbia, Dermatovenerologist, 02/01/2016 19:49
- 500430) Destinee McGhee, Panama City, United States, , 02/01/2016 18:38
- 500429) Lola Skellington, Budapest, Hungary, Diák, 02/01/2016 15:05
- 500428) Joshua Feidt, Millersburg, United States, Full-time Student, 02/01/2016 04:55
- 500427) Privacy Protection, 01/31/2016 22:36
- 500426) Lourdes Hawkins, Alta Loma, California, USA, Dentist, 01/31/2016 19:25
- 500425) Privacy Protection, 01/31/2016 15:32
- 500424) Privacy Protection, 01/31/2016 15:31
- 500423) Andrea Babic, Split, Croatia, Civil engineer , 01/30/2016 20:05
- 500422) valeria caravallo, san jose, argentina, empleada taller de indumentaria, 01/30/2016 12:54
- 500421) Marie Cutting, Stamford, USA, Development, 01/30/2016 12:05
- 500420) Privacy Protection, 01/30/2016 01:23
- 500419) Cheyenne Edwards, Brooklyn, The United States of America, , 01/29/2016 23:32
- 500418) dr deepika verma, jaipur, india, doctor, 01/29/2016 04:24
- 500417) Cameron Greenslade , Newport , Wales , Student , 01/29/2016 00:07
- 500416) Brett Harkwell, Denver, USA, , 01/28/2016 23:15
- 500415) Privacy Protection, 01/28/2016 16:38
- 500414) Tamru Kedir, Addis Ababa , Ethiopia, Human Rights Researcher , 01/28/2016 13:20
- 500413) INSAAF JANO, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA, PAYROL, 01/28/2016 06:49
- 500412) Adriana mirisola, cotia, Brasil, , 01/27/2016 13:51
- 500411) Sharon Yarbrough , Clarksville , USA , Freelance CADD draftsman , 01/27/2016 06:17
- 500410) Vince Ashley, N. Chesterfield, USA, Retired Educator, 01/27/2016 04:42
- 500409) Maya Tulpule, Pune, India, Doctor, 01/26/2016 11:47
- 500408) mukta tulpule, Pune, India, Dermatologist, 01/26/2016 11:45
- 500407) tom smith, London, UK, , 01/25/2016 23:52
- 500406) Lisa Brown , Gold Coast , Australia, book keeper , 01/25/2016 01:35
- 500405) Samantha spano, Gold Coast , Australia, Self employer, 01/25/2016 01:32
- 500404) Privacy Protection, 01/25/2016 01:05
- 500403) Privacy Protection, 01/24/2016 20:25
- 500402) Klára Jakubcová, Polička, Česká republika, student, 01/24/2016 17:34
- 500401) Kowich Jimbow, Sapporo, Japan, Physician/Vitiligo researcher, 01/24/2016 13:06