Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 486922 signatures of the target 500000
- 486922) donald hsieh, Scarborough, Canada, student, 04/21/2015 19:09
- 486921) Dorothy Hsieh, Scarborough, Canada, student, 04/21/2015 19:08
- 486920) Mandeep Loomba, Panipat, India, Business, 04/21/2015 17:38
- 486919) Ridha chafai, dubai, uae, , 04/21/2015 16:48
- 486918) Shaunta Scott, Daytona Beach, USA, Substitute Teacher, 04/21/2015 15:40
- 486917) Caitlin Beier, Mahwah, United States, Merchandising Assistant, 04/21/2015 14:00
- 486916) Jeffrey moradel, kenner, United states, health, 04/21/2015 13:41
- 486915) patricia campolo, newark, usa, retail customer service, 04/21/2015 12:54
- 486914) Franz Gillezeau, San Fernando, Trinidad & Tobago, Strength Coach, 04/21/2015 12:22
- 486913) Jane Rowe, lancaster, UK, housewife, 04/21/2015 12:21
- 486912) Muhterem Sanko, Istanbul, Turkey, Director17, 04/21/2015 12:17
- 486911) Privacy Protection, 04/21/2015 12:14
- 486910) Cherisse Lauren Berkeley, Chaguanas, Trinidad & Tobago, Student , 04/21/2015 10:57
- 486909) Lucy McLeod, Canterbury, United Kingdom, Student, 04/21/2015 09:50
- 486908) Brenda argueta, houston, uSA, reservationist, 04/21/2015 09:47
- 486907) Ryaaz Sachedina, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Businessman, 04/21/2015 09:21
- 486906) Privacy Protection, 04/21/2015 09:00
- 486905) Crystal Johnson, HOUSTON, USA, CNA, 04/21/2015 07:07
- 486904) Stephanie Omotola, Larnaca, Cyprus, , 04/21/2015 06:32
- 486903) Chrystalla Livadhioti, Larnaca, Cyprus, , 04/21/2015 06:31
- 486902) Thomas Doh, Larnaca, Cyprus, , 04/21/2015 06:29
- 486901) Despina Livadhioti, Larnaca, Cyprus, , 04/21/2015 06:28
- 486900) Patricia Grannum, South Oropouche, Trinidad & Tobago, Free Spirit, 04/21/2015 04:12
- 486899) Roland salazar, spring, usa, Finance, 04/21/2015 03:12
- 486898) Rita Ambis, Las Vegas, clark, cook, 04/21/2015 02:51
- 486897) Belinda Carey, Fairfax, USA , , 04/21/2015 02:45
- 486896) Gloria Nieto, Raymondville , us, , 04/21/2015 02:30
- 486895) Amanda Hebert, Powder Springs, United States, Dental Hygienist & Skin Esthetician, 04/21/2015 02:19
- 486894) Jessica Horn, The Woodlands, United States, Dental Professional, 04/21/2015 01:45
- 486893) Carolea Trusler, The Woodlands, United States, Homemaker, 04/21/2015 01:44
- 486892) Privacy Protection, 04/21/2015 01:44
- 486891) Amber Brown, The Woodlands, United States, Full Time Novelist/College Student, 04/21/2015 01:43
- 486890) Privacy Protection, 04/21/2015 01:36
- 486889) Shari Lefler, Mulkeytown, United States, homemaker, 04/21/2015 01:30
- 486888) Ricqcolia Phillip, San Juan, Trinidad & Tobago, Journalist, 04/21/2015 01:20
- 486887) Amber brooks, sacramento, Usa, chef, 04/21/2015 01:10
- 486886) Melissa eddington, toronto, canada, , 04/21/2015 00:57
- 486885) Lenita Smith, Conley, USA , , 04/21/2015 00:45
- 486884) Lisa Coe, Stittsville, Canada, Business Owner, 04/21/2015 00:26
- 486883) teresa witt, baltimore, United States, , 04/21/2015 00:08
- 486882) katherine witt, jefferson, United States, sahm, 04/21/2015 00:07
- 486881) Melissa Holtzapfel , Cape May, US, Teacher, 04/21/2015 00:04
- 486880) Cassidy moomaw , entiat , usa , barista , 04/21/2015 00:02
- 486879) rachael schouten, St. Louis, united States of america, Deli Manager, 04/20/2015 23:57
- 486878) Shannon Alvarado, Boynton Beach , Usa, Health coach, 04/20/2015 23:51
- 486877) Michelle Sharp, Corunna, United States , Mother/student/medical field , 04/20/2015 23:33
- 486876) Privacy Protection, 04/20/2015 23:28
- 486875) Cierra Wiggins, Baltimore , US, Emt , 04/20/2015 23:28
- 486874) Nancy McCulloch, St. Louis, United States of America, , 04/20/2015 23:27
- 486873) Privacy Protection, 04/20/2015 23:26