Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 486361 signatures of the target 500000
- 486361) machagiri Ramu, hyderabad, india, hse department, 01/31/2015 06:19
- 486360) RIVELINO RITTO, JUNDIAI, BRASIL, DOCTOR, 01/30/2015 19:12
- 486359) Nayla Zarate, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Estudiante, 01/30/2015 14:56
- 486358) Privacy Protection, 01/29/2015 22:31
- 486357) Privacy Protection, 01/28/2015 22:07
- 486356) shona khan, jaipur, india, beautisian, 01/28/2015 15:18
- 486355) Martin Sayers, Cambridge, UK, , 01/28/2015 11:59
- 486354) inuola akinlonu, lagos, nigeria, enterpreneur, 01/28/2015 11:25
- 486353) Bolatito Osebiemen, Lagos, Nigeria, Marketer, 01/28/2015 07:21
- 486352) Justus Wise, Ann Arbor, United States, Student, 01/28/2015 03:18
- 486351) Anil Bhat, delhi, India, , 01/27/2015 23:07
- 486350) Ajat Jamwal, Jammu, India, , 01/27/2015 23:06
- 486349) Ajit Singh, New Delhi, India, , 01/27/2015 23:05
- 486348) Priscillia Black, NY, USA, , 01/27/2015 23:04
- 486347) Hemendra Rai, London, UK, , 01/27/2015 23:02
- 486346) Heather Hubert, Plymouth, USA, , 01/27/2015 23:01
- 486345) Tani Hanko, Kalamata, Greece, , 01/27/2015 19:07
- 486344) Armand Zdrava, Kalamata, Greece , , 01/27/2015 19:03
- 486343) Simon Ling-locke, Leigh on Sea, England, Lecturer, 01/27/2015 09:41
- 486342) philile blose, durban, south africa, administrative clerk, 01/27/2015 09:33
- 486341) Privacy Protection, 01/27/2015 04:50
- 486340) Jameela So, Macau, Macau, None, 01/27/2015 04:46
- 486339) Chris Avieson Ocampo, Nueva Ecija , Philippines, Student , 01/27/2015 04:44
- 486338) Edelon Ocampo, Macau, Macau, Hotelier, 01/27/2015 04:42
- 486337) Jayecelle Ocampo, Nueva Ecija, Philippines, None, 01/27/2015 04:39
- 486336) Kaetlin Epps , Nashville , United States , , 01/26/2015 22:36
- 486335) Privacy Protection, 01/26/2015 21:32
- 486334) Babul Akter Selim, Dhaka, Bangladesh, , 01/26/2015 13:39
- 486333) Cindy plummer, west linn, usa, , 01/26/2015 07:15
- 486332) kelle atteberry, mckinney, usa, , 01/25/2015 15:45
- 486331) kristaline beltran, manila, philippines, office staff, 01/25/2015 15:00
- 486330) Светлана Морозова, Костанай, Казахстан, Инженер, 01/25/2015 13:43
- 486329) Анастасия Морозова, Костанай, Казахстан, Менеджер, 01/25/2015 13:40
- 486328) Scott Jopling, Toronto, Canada, , 01/25/2015 12:32
- 486327) Privacy Protection, 01/25/2015 12:31
- 486326) Bakyt Uteuov, Шымкент, Казахстан, , 01/25/2015 11:55
- 486325) shin daegyun, seogwipo, south korea, , 01/25/2015 08:07
- 486324) Glenn Yaniero, Charlotte, Usa, Web Developer, 01/25/2015 01:11
- 486323) Privacy Protection, 01/25/2015 00:51
- 486322) rocio anabalon, nsw, Australia, mother, 01/24/2015 22:21
- 486321) kwangcheul han, yangsan, South korea, , 01/24/2015 03:49
- 486320) Soledad Salvador, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates , Hairdresser, 01/23/2015 14:16
- 486319) Madelyn Ocampo, Nueva Ecija, Philippines, Stay Home Mom, 01/23/2015 13:51
- 486318) Malimda Aloua, Creteil, France, , 01/23/2015 07:23
- 486317) Rim Oueslati, Fresnes , France, , 01/23/2015 06:25
- 486316) karla Cabrera , reedley, usa, student, 01/23/2015 06:13
- 486315) yaritza cabrera, reedley, usa, student, 01/23/2015 06:12
- 486314) Flora Tahi Ezan , Vitry sur Seine, France, , 01/23/2015 01:50
- 486313) Margot Raymond , Maisons alfort , France , , 01/23/2015 00:49
- 486312) Cynthia Marques, Maisons alfort, France, , 01/22/2015 23:38