Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 498216 signatures of the target 500000
- 498216) Privacy Protection, 08/03/2015 23:11
- 498215) Vivian Najjuka, Kampala, Uganda, Assistant Lecturer,Kabale University, 08/03/2015 14:20
- 498214) Joy Kwesiga, Kampala, Uganda, Vice Chancellor,Kabale University, 08/03/2015 14:14
- 498213) Samuel Tayebwa, Kampala, Uganda, Student, 08/03/2015 14:07
- 498212) Joy Kwesiga, Kampala, Uganda, Vice Chancellor,Kabale University, 08/03/2015 14:02
- 498211) federica passarelli, rome, italy, graphic designer, 08/02/2015 17:33
- 498210) Heidi Rickard, Lynnwood, Usa, , 08/02/2015 14:48
- 498209) Nima Djafari, Dubai, Uae, Engineer, 08/02/2015 11:23
- 498208) Машка Ревера, Львов, Украина, Музработник в д.с., 08/01/2015 06:52
- 498207) Amado Camacho, Ossining, U.S, I.T, 08/01/2015 04:04
- 498206) Jeff Manteufel, Appleton, USA, Supervisor, 07/31/2015 23:28
- 498205) Tammy Manteufel, Appleton, USA, Registered Nurse, 07/31/2015 23:16
- 498204) Mbaasa Patrick, Kampala, Uganda, Lecturer, 07/31/2015 13:39
- 498203) Mike Lukundo, Kampala, Uganda, Lecturer, 07/31/2015 13:36
- 498202) Kyasiimire Doreen, Kampala, Uganda, Administrator, 07/31/2015 13:29
- 498201) Yoweri Muhindo, Kampala, Uganda, Administrative Assistant, 07/31/2015 13:27
- 498200) Patrick Tumuhairwe, Kampala, Uganda, Administrator, 07/31/2015 13:24
- 498199) Kahuuta Muhairwe, Kampala, Uganda, Lawyer, 07/31/2015 12:26
- 498198) Mackline Atuhaire, Kampala, Uganda, Administrator, 07/31/2015 12:22
- 498197) Jerome Atwebembeire, Kampala, Uganda, Assistant Lecturer, 07/31/2015 12:19
- 498196) Kenneth Akampurira, Kampala, Uganda, Lecturer, 07/31/2015 12:14
- 498195) Mirembe Rovina, Kampala, Uganda, Peasant, 07/31/2015 12:10
- 498194) Ninsiima Benareta, Kampala, Uganda, Peasant, 07/31/2015 12:08
- 498193) Aineman Precious, Kampala, Uganda, Student, 07/31/2015 12:06
- 498192) Kikafunda Deogratias, Kampala, Uganda, Driver, 07/31/2015 12:03
- 498191) Barungi Jenifer, Kampala, Uganda, Peasant, 07/31/2015 12:00
- 498190) Elly Kasajja, Kampala, Uganda, StoreKeeper, 07/31/2015 11:52
- 498189) Byarugaba Edward, Kampala, Uganda, Peasant, 07/31/2015 11:43
- 498188) Rwagasore William, Kampala, Uganda, Peasant, 07/31/2015 11:41
- 498187) Turaymushanga Johnson , Kampala, Uganda, Peasant, 07/31/2015 11:37
- 498186) Arineitwe Herbert, Kampala, Uganda, Hair Dresser, 07/31/2015 11:31
- 498185) Nyampazi Verena, Kampala, Uganda, Peasant, 07/31/2015 11:27
- 498184) Karugaba Julius William, Kampala, Uganda, Cook, 07/31/2015 11:24
- 498183) Marijan Djukic, Smederevo, Serbia, , 07/31/2015 10:47
- 498182) Geoffrey Levonitis , Claremore, United States , , 07/31/2015 03:39
- 498181) Amanda Levonitis, Claremore, United States, , 07/31/2015 03:38
- 498180) Shinsu Rei, Москва, Россия, , 07/30/2015 18:28
- 498179) Xolani Mkize, Newcastle, South Africa, Student, 07/30/2015 16:42
- 498178) Martin Caceres, Buenos aires, Argentina, Design, 07/30/2015 12:02
- 498177) Sanda Poljakovic, Subotica, Serbia, Economist, 07/29/2015 17:29
- 498176) Игорь Немченко, Самара, Россия, экономист, 07/28/2015 18:02
- 498175) Privacy Protection, 07/28/2015 14:14
- 498174) Privacy Protection, 07/28/2015 14:13
- 498173) Privacy Protection, 07/28/2015 14:12
- 498172) Zoran Petrovic, Belgrade, Serbia, Structural Engineer, 07/28/2015 14:10
- 498171) Alexis Peterson, Bucharest , Romania, , 07/28/2015 12:28
- 498170) Cristian Camilloni, Fano, Italia, Impiegato, 07/28/2015 08:12
- 498169) Privacy Protection, 07/28/2015 07:35
- 498168) Christine Valle, Cortlandt Manor, United States, , 07/27/2015 16:01
- 498167) Privacy Protection, 07/27/2015 12:47