Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 486084 signatures of the target 500000
- 486084) Ana Mitić, Bor, Serbia, , 11/23/2014 18:24
- 486083) Privacy Protection, 11/23/2014 14:45
- 486082) Privacy Protection, 11/23/2014 14:26
- 486081) Charel Fisher, Bonney Lake, United States, Disabled due to Fibromyalgia (also autoimmune disorder), 11/22/2014 23:16
- 486080) Josiah Otege, DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA, Professional networker and Lifestyle Coach, 11/22/2014 18:33
- 486079) Privacy Protection, 11/22/2014 11:21
- 486078) Amy Nance, Allen, USA , Roofing sales, 11/22/2014 05:06
- 486077) Privacy Protection, 11/21/2014 15:16
- 486076) Thibault Brunel, Paris, France, Ingénieur du son, 11/20/2014 08:39
- 486075) Privacy Protection, 11/19/2014 09:11
- 486074) Gheorghe Varga, Medias, Romania, Manager, 11/18/2014 17:25
- 486073) Naty Le Gall, Guérande, France, , 11/18/2014 16:08
- 486072) ummu wahidatul, Semarang, Indonesia, Civil Servant, 11/17/2014 19:47
- 486071) Rob Lawrence, Atlanta, United States, Student, 11/17/2014 16:17
- 486070) Daniela Scarino, Rome, Italy, Teacher, 11/17/2014 11:56
- 486069) Elya G, Moscow, Russia, editor, 11/17/2014 11:08
- 486068) Максим Мельников, Москва, Россия, Шеф-Редактор, 11/17/2014 11:04
- 486067) Mazhar Hussain, Sialkot, Pakistan, Businessman, 11/16/2014 17:28
- 486066) ольга астафурова, волгоград, россия, студент, 11/16/2014 12:16
- 486065) Борис Хлебников, Москва, Россия, Продюсер, 11/16/2014 11:02
- 486064) Евгений Хлебников, Волгоград, Россия, , 11/16/2014 10:47
- 486063) Ольга Хлебникова, Волгоград, Россия, Актриса(сейчас домохозяйка), 11/16/2014 10:43
- 486062) Екатерина Диденко, Москва, Россия, Провизор, 11/15/2014 21:23
- 486061) Marizete lSouza Lima, sorocaba, Brasil, PRESTADORA DE SERVIÇOS, 11/15/2014 17:52
- 486060) Shizuka Tsukiko, Nagoya , Japan, , 11/15/2014 09:39
- 486059) Junaid Ali, Manchester, United Kingdom, , 11/15/2014 09:36
- 486058) Stephanie Bakalik, Calgary, Canada, Student, 11/15/2014 01:23
- 486057) Perri dinnerman, atlanta, United States, Student, 11/14/2014 14:33
- 486056) DongLyul Cha, Suwon, South Korea, worker, 11/14/2014 07:47
- 486055) Stephen Marinaccio, Schooleys Mountain, United States, Producer, Songwriter, Musician, 11/13/2014 19:36
- 486054) Magaly Rafael Alves, Itiúba, Brasil, Assistente Social, 11/13/2014 00:53
- 486053) Jaiye Johnson, Lagos, Nigeria, Buisness Dev. Exec, 11/12/2014 20:51
- 486052) Chirag Chitroda, Mumbai, India, Engineer, 11/11/2014 16:39
- 486051) Refentse Mokale, Sasolburg, South Africa, Engineer, 11/11/2014 10:49
- 486050) virender singh, Mumbai, India, Film Industry, 11/11/2014 07:19
- 486049) Vivek Agrawal, Hyderabad, India, Software Engineer, 11/11/2014 05:59
- 486048) Privacy Protection, 11/10/2014 00:39
- 486047) leanne Chapman, Hull, England, customer services, 11/09/2014 20:50
- 486046) Privacy Protection, 11/09/2014 09:51
- 486045) Jole Morton, Los Angeles, United States, Full time student, 11/06/2014 08:46
- 486044) JANG sunok, seoul, korea, teacher, 11/06/2014 06:56
- 486043) Privacy Protection, 11/06/2014 06:39
- 486042) Jessica Abarca, Calhoun, USA, Student, 11/05/2014 20:18
- 486041) Jennifer Compan, Calhoun, USA, Student, 11/05/2014 20:17
- 486040) susan Bulatow, NorthPort, United States, retired, 11/05/2014 17:56
- 486039) susan Bulatow, NorthPort, United States, retired, 11/05/2014 17:55
- 486038) Privacy Protection, 11/05/2014 14:57
- 486037) Clementine Butler , Lauderdale , USA , Techer , 11/05/2014 11:29
- 486036) Candice Butlet, Marion , USA , , 11/05/2014 11:27
- 486035) Mariana McAnuff, mebane, usa, cna/patient service associate, 11/04/2014 18:41