Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 485828 signatures of the target 500000
- 485828) Mary Baker, Minneapolis, United States, Administrative Assistant , 09/18/2014 03:30
- 485827) Tyler Reddington, andover, United States, , 09/18/2014 03:12
- 485826) Privacy Protection, 09/17/2014 10:55
- 485825) Thomas Ndidzulafhi Mufanadzo, Pretoria, RSA, Environmental Specialised Production Officer, 09/17/2014 09:16
- 485824) caitlin nichols, Empangeni, south africa, personal assistant, 09/17/2014 06:25
- 485823) hyun jung kim, kwangju, south korea, housewife, 09/17/2014 01:52
- 485822) Victoria Serrano, Auburn, CA, USA, Retired State worker, 09/16/2014 19:29
- 485821) Shirley Thompson, London, Canada, Nurse, 09/16/2014 19:19
- 485820) Christine Coombs, Kitchener, Canada, Self Employed, 09/16/2014 19:16
- 485819) Nikki Dance, Newark, USA, , 09/16/2014 19:15
- 485818) sofia revathy, chennai, india, home maker, 09/16/2014 18:55
- 485817) Privacy Protection, 09/16/2014 16:56
- 485816) Tracy Burdin, New Woodstock, USA, , 09/16/2014 16:38
- 485815) Privacy Protection, 09/16/2014 14:17
- 485814) jeannette dunn, fair oaks, United States, disabled, 09/16/2014 14:07
- 485813) Ayiza Huerta, Mission, United States of America, Medical Billing, 09/16/2014 13:55
- 485812) Tara Schuster, Springfield, USA, Government Claims Processor, 09/16/2014 12:50
- 485811) Buddy Harvie, Middletown, United States, Maintenance Manager, 09/16/2014 12:36
- 485810) Natalie Evertson, Danbury, USA, Corporate writer, 09/16/2014 11:34
- 485809) Cheryl Jamison, Bloomfield, USA, Project Manager, 09/16/2014 03:57
- 485808) Privacy Protection, 09/16/2014 02:47
- 485807) Privacy Protection, 09/16/2014 01:48
- 485806) Myra Fritz, Temple, USA, , 09/16/2014 01:02
- 485805) Jo Ann Davis, Warren, U.S.A., , 09/16/2014 00:17
- 485804) Glen OConnor, TULSA, United States, , 09/15/2014 23:55
- 485803) Teresita Duenas, Miami, USA, Retired, 09/15/2014 23:42
- 485802) Privacy Protection, 09/15/2014 23:03
- 485801) Privacy Protection, 09/15/2014 22:04
- 485800) Privacy Protection, 09/15/2014 21:16
- 485799) Angela Anthony, New York, USA, Student, 09/15/2014 21:13
- 485798) Gale Davis, Healdsburg, USA, Business Owner, 09/15/2014 21:11
- 485797) Anita Nichols, Lake Jackson, U.S., , 09/15/2014 20:49
- 485796) Lauren Ledford, Pittsburgh, USA, Technical Assistant, 09/15/2014 20:42
- 485795) diana heffelmire, sharpsville, usa, retail, 09/15/2014 20:38
- 485794) Keith Lafferty, SANFORD, United States, Manager, 09/15/2014 20:37
- 485793) kendra nichols, lake jackson, usa, materials manager, 09/15/2014 20:29
- 485792) Sabrina Friend, Phoenix, USA, Medical Assistant, 09/15/2014 20:22
- 485791) Yvonne Peregosky, Mount Sinai, United States, , 09/15/2014 20:21
- 485790) Mitzie Hammel, Jonesville, USA, Director of Quality, 09/15/2014 20:08
- 485789) Privacy Protection, 09/15/2014 19:57
- 485788) Junhee Min, seoul, south korea, consultant, 09/15/2014 07:33
- 485787) Kim Stahnke, Burien, United States, Licensed Optician, 09/15/2014 06:05
- 485786) Privacy Protection, 09/14/2014 23:14
- 485785) Inez Sanders, Park forest , USA , Store manager, 09/14/2014 18:21
- 485784) Privacy Protection, 09/14/2014 17:52
- 485783) Privacy Protection, 09/14/2014 16:34
- 485782) Lauren Forney, Boston, USA, , 09/14/2014 16:26
- 485781) 申 彬锋, 中国, 中国, 太原, 09/13/2014 21:36
- 485780) sherry taylor, Sumter, USA, retired teacher, 09/13/2014 16:22
- 485779) Privacy Protection, 09/13/2014 10:02