Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 500759 signatures of the target 500000 (100.15%). Now let’s get 1 million signatures!
- 500759) Shanta Persaud, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada, Branch Administrator, 04/28/2016 14:27
- 500758) morad edres, Tripoli, Libya, , 04/28/2016 13:12
- 500757) Wendi Campa, Houston, USA , , 04/28/2016 04:24
- 500756) Ирина Миронова, Харьков, Украина, , 04/27/2016 18:04
- 500755) Shailaja Peruri, Ashburn, USA, , 04/27/2016 16:38
- 500754) Rajasekhar Peruri, Ashburn, USA, , 04/27/2016 16:36
- 500753) Privacy Protection, 04/27/2016 14:32
- 500752) Privacy Protection, 04/27/2016 14:29
- 500751) Fernando Garcia, Holland, United States, Student, 04/27/2016 00:06
- 500750) Павел Ратанов, Краснокамск, Россия, Программист, 04/26/2016 10:23
- 500749) ALFRED MAGERO, Nairobi, kenya, Banker, 04/26/2016 06:29
- 500748) Valentina Tibaldi, Santa fe, Argentina, estudiante, 04/26/2016 05:01
- 500747) Katie Olivier , New Iberia , USA , Hairstylist , 04/25/2016 23:16
- 500746) Denise Matthews, Sandusky, United States, , 04/25/2016 18:47
- 500745) Mayra Carrera, Gardena, U.S.A, Clerical, 04/25/2016 05:02
- 500744) Privacy Protection, 04/25/2016 01:18
- 500743) Nora Mccullagh, Austin TX, USA, Student, 04/25/2016 01:08
- 500742) Poliect Casmir Chuwa, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Civil Engineering, 04/24/2016 14:12
- 500741) Tarah Hartzler , Candler, US, Marketing manager, 04/24/2016 12:18
- 500740) Privacy Protection, 04/23/2016 14:45
- 500739) Privacy Protection, 04/21/2016 18:04
- 500738) Олег Павлов, Назарово, Россия, Красноярский край, 04/21/2016 07:40
- 500737) Gary Huerta, Montclair , United states, Medical assistant , 04/21/2016 02:51
- 500736) Rajat Goel, New Delhi, India, Student, 04/20/2016 16:14
- 500735) Btaman Vitiligo, Hyderabad , India, Student, 04/20/2016 10:29
- 500734) shayna evans, steelton, United States, n/a, 04/19/2016 17:33
- 500733) Kam Bhari, London, United Kingdom, Surveyor, 04/19/2016 16:55
- 500732) Brianay Andrews, Sacramento, United States, Student, 04/19/2016 12:34
- 500731) shannon kiehn, wenatchee, us, , 04/18/2016 18:23
- 500730) Lisa Goodwin, San Antonio, United States of America, Self Employed, 04/18/2016 14:27
- 500729) Privacy Protection, 04/18/2016 11:22
- 500728) Snezhana Boboleska, Skopje, Macedonia, , 04/18/2016 07:08
- 500727) Callie Morgan, Melbourne, Australia, PR/Communications, 04/18/2016 06:16
- 500726) Callie Morgan, Melbourne, Australia, PR/Communications, 04/18/2016 06:15
- 500725) Melisa Pena, Brooklyn, United States, Nurse, 04/17/2016 20:09
- 500724) Angela Pena, Brooklyn, United States, Student, 04/17/2016 20:05
- 500723) Stephen Ngotho, Nairobi, Kenya, Sales, 04/16/2016 15:14
- 500722) Олег Ерохин, Новосибирск, Россия, Сварщик, 04/15/2016 11:15
- 500721) Izabelle Meda-Gibson, Phoenix, United States, , 04/15/2016 06:34
- 500720) Krisztina Sárközi, Budapest, Hungary, teacher, 04/14/2016 20:32
- 500719) Татьяна Малахова, новосибирск, Россия, Инженер-геолог, 04/14/2016 15:02
- 500718) Рустам Рамазанов, Омск, Россия, Строитель, 04/14/2016 11:11
- 500717) Tatjana Ostojić, Zemun, Srbija, medicinska sestra, 04/14/2016 00:57
- 500716) Privacy Protection, 04/13/2016 18:07
- 500715) Mehmet Enfal Demirer, Bolu, Turkey, Student, 04/13/2016 16:08
- 500714) Kaspar Viik, Tallinn, Estonia, Project manager, 04/13/2016 12:20
- 500713) Lauren Edwards, Cheshire, United Kingdom, Human Recourse Administrator , 04/13/2016 01:12
- 500712) Alicia McCray, Gilbert, US, Exe Assistant, 04/12/2016 21:48
- 500711) Jennifer Davis, Geelong, Australia, , 04/11/2016 07:42
- 500710) Michael Davis, Geelong, Australia, , 04/11/2016 07:39