Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 486737 signatures of the target 500000
- 486737) Miia Kivi, Nurmijärvi, Finland, , 04/01/2015 02:46
- 486736) rebecca Didier, miami, United States, nurse, 04/01/2015 01:39
- 486735) rebecca Didier, miami, United States, nurse, 04/01/2015 01:38
- 486734) joanne Mcfarland, NorthPort, United States, retired, 04/01/2015 01:23
- 486733) Christina Peterman, Winston Salem, US, banking, 04/01/2015 01:00
- 486732) Christina Peterman, Winston Salem, US, banking, 04/01/2015 00:59
- 486731) Nehal Faisal, hyderabad, india, student, 04/01/2015 00:01
- 486730) Nicole Loza, San Francisco, USA, SE, 03/31/2015 18:40
- 486729) Alejandro Yopasá, Campinas, Brazil, Student, 03/31/2015 18:01
- 486728) Josianne Barbeau, montreal, canada, social worker, 03/31/2015 13:17
- 486727) Jeff Vandow, sales manager, USA, , 03/30/2015 21:02
- 486726) J Vandow, Oceanside, USA, Childrens day camp director, 03/30/2015 21:01
- 486725) Anna Cristino, smithtown, united states, teacher, 03/30/2015 16:15
- 486724) Walter Cotto, West Hartford CT, United States, Self Employed, 03/30/2015 15:05
- 486723) Dawn Larmony, KingsPark, united states, Healthcare Administrator, 03/30/2015 12:58
- 486722) Gee Kenedy, elmont, us, designer, 03/30/2015 12:40
- 486721) Mary Ann Sy, Valley Stream, USA, Property Administor, 03/30/2015 12:07
- 486720) Christine Kiernan , Albany , usa, Secretary , 03/30/2015 11:41
- 486719) Privacy Protection, 03/30/2015 11:31
- 486718) Jennifer Spiwak, lindenhursT, ISS, , 03/30/2015 11:09
- 486717) Jeff Cain , ELMONT , USA, , 03/30/2015 04:14
- 486716) Esther Fiallo, Miami, USA, Legal, 03/30/2015 03:30
- 486715) Maria McMullen , Stony brook , USA , Teacher, 03/30/2015 00:45
- 486714) Laurent Porteret, Lyon , France, Autre, 03/29/2015 23:05
- 486713) Rosemary Treacy, Kings park, Usa, , 03/29/2015 22:53
- 486712) Lawrence dupkin, copiague, usa, , 03/29/2015 22:03
- 486711) Caroline Tyler , maroochydore , Australia , swim teacher , 03/29/2015 03:48
- 486710) Silvana Vidal, México , México , estudiante, 03/29/2015 01:01
- 486709) steve kamakaris, toronto, canada, delivery agent, 03/28/2015 16:23
- 486708) 诗淇 尹, 阜新, 中国大陆, 司机, 03/28/2015 14:57
- 486707) Privacy Protection, 03/27/2015 17:58
- 486706) Elisabeth Greve, Oslo, Norway, health care, 03/27/2015 17:38
- 486705) Privacy Protection, 03/27/2015 17:11
- 486704) Barun Maskara, Princeton, USA, , 03/27/2015 14:45
- 486703) Froso Kodrou, Athens, Greece, , 03/27/2015 10:18
- 486702) Shweta Singh, New Delhi, India, Housewife, 03/27/2015 06:12
- 486701) Hyunghyun Ahn, Seoul, South Korea, Mechanic , 03/27/2015 04:11
- 486700) Jessica Davis, Tampa Florida, United States, , 03/26/2015 16:35
- 486699) Dianet Borrero, kissimmee, United States , , 03/26/2015 08:16
- 486698) bappaditya das, kolkata, india, , 03/26/2015 05:19
- 486697) Kelly Scott, Cincinnati , United States , Secretary , 03/26/2015 03:13
- 486696) Marisel Sainz, Miami, U.S, Paralegal, 03/25/2015 17:12
- 486695) Kristen Byrne, Fayetteville, USA, Researcher, 03/25/2015 13:30
- 486694) Privacy Protection, 03/24/2015 18:29
- 486693) IOANNIS KIBOUROPOULOS, ATHENS, GREECE , JOURNALIST, 03/24/2015 14:27
- 486692) Anestis Roukai, Athens, Greece, , 03/24/2015 14:18
- 486691) Cássio Zampier de Rezende, Niterói, Brazil, Student, 03/23/2015 23:27
- 486690) Ana Letícia Tognini, Campo Grande, Brazil, Student, 03/23/2015 15:14
- 486689) Privacy Protection, 03/23/2015 09:40
- 486688) vanessa baez muniz, puerto rico, guaynabo puerto rico, cosmetologa, 03/23/2015 02:59