Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 486032 signatures of the target 500000
- 486032) Phélicia GUYOMARD, Plagad, France, Studient, 10/30/2014 20:27
- 486031) Enver Singh, Johannesburg, South Africa, IT Security Analyst, 10/30/2014 06:16
- 486030) David Bryant, Needles, united States, photography, 10/30/2014 00:09
- 486029) Privacy Protection, 10/29/2014 12:36
- 486028) Privacy Protection, 10/29/2014 12:34
- 486027) Nariman El-shamaa, Tripoli, Lebanon, Journalist, 10/29/2014 06:02
- 486026) Sálvio Bhering, Belo Horizonte, Brasil, Designer, 10/28/2014 19:36
- 486025) Livia Bhering, Belo Horizonte, Brasil, Fonoaudióloga, 10/28/2014 19:34
- 486024) Mary Strickland, Tyler, USA, Retired, 10/28/2014 02:50
- 486023) nancy Torres, Brooklyn, usa, housewife, 10/28/2014 00:20
- 486022) MOAD THALI, CASABLANCA, Maroc, , 10/27/2014 08:34
- 486021) nitish sharma, meerut, india, student, 10/26/2014 14:39
- 486020) jyoti sharma, meerut, india, teacher, 10/26/2014 14:37
- 486019) naresh sharma, meerut, india, service, 10/26/2014 14:36
- 486018) nitesh sharma, meerut, india, student, 10/26/2014 14:34
- 486017) Privacy Protection, 10/26/2014 00:09
- 486016) Talha Muhammad, Lahore, Pakistan, Engineer, 10/25/2014 23:07
- 486015) MaKayla Henry, Irvine, United States, Student, 10/25/2014 21:09
- 486014) sebkhaoui begaa, alger, algeria, fonctionnaire, 10/25/2014 13:34
- 486013) Julia Martin, Paris, France, Student, 10/24/2014 21:03
- 486012) Annelies Goedbloed, Rijswijk, Netherlands, Freelancer IT, 10/23/2014 20:07
- 486011) Audrey Grant, Mattapan ma , USA , Mentor , 10/23/2014 17:30
- 486010) Pez Greaves, London, UK, , 10/23/2014 14:54
- 486009) Susan Masulonis, Virginia Beach, USA, School Office Associate, 10/23/2014 01:26
- 486008) Tonya Sweney, indianapolis, usa, , 10/22/2014 23:50
- 486007) Massimo Bonato, Rho (Milan), Italy, Fund Accountant, 10/22/2014 23:39
- 486006) Adrian Filip, Baia Mare, Romania, Freelancer, 10/22/2014 18:44
- 486005) Yusep Jeong, Seoul, South Korea, Sale Rep, 10/22/2014 04:41
- 486004) Виктория Чмут, Харьков, Украина, Флорист, 10/21/2014 15:50
- 486003) Privacy Protection, 10/21/2014 14:17
- 486002) Nino Takidze, Batumi, Georgia, Crew Operator, 10/21/2014 12:11
- 486001) Privacy Protection, 10/21/2014 10:14
- 486000) Jessica Keith, Boston, United States, Receptionist, 10/21/2014 03:44
- 485999) Privacy Protection, 10/20/2014 19:56
- 485998) маркабаев аубакир, Алматы, Казахстан, пенсионер, 10/20/2014 13:17
- 485997) Ana Cruz, Miami, Miami Dade, Student, 10/20/2014 03:48
- 485996) MESKINE AMINA, casablanca, maroc, sans, 10/19/2014 12:04
- 485995) christine B, paris, france, , 10/18/2014 20:29
- 485994) Didintle Mpedi, Gaborone, Botswana, Student, 10/18/2014 17:20
- 485993) Ese Omaruaye, Warri, Nigeria, IT Administrator, 10/18/2014 16:06
- 485992) Amanda Van Niekerk, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, , 10/18/2014 11:06
- 485991) Anna Kmieć , Kłodzko , Polska, nurse, 10/18/2014 07:44
- 485990) Shelley Moister, atlanta, usa, Director Prod Mgmt, 10/18/2014 01:37
- 485989) Deanna Ellis, Germantown, USA, , 10/18/2014 00:17
- 485988) Марія Ярич, Львівська обл, Україна, Вчитель, 10/17/2014 21:13
- 485987) vanessa taylor, wolverhampton, uk, , 10/17/2014 20:01
- 485986) Agnes Ressinka, Budapest, Hungary, , 10/17/2014 17:22
- 485985) ANA VEGA, SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO, , 10/17/2014 04:30
- 485984) Denise Smith, PR, Arecibo, , 10/16/2014 22:07
- 485983) Dana Coleman, ATLANTA, United States, , 10/16/2014 19:25