Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 485298 signatures of the target 500000
- 485298) Celine Lieblich, Geneva, Switzerland, , 07/24/2014 10:27
- 485297) Sebastien Lieblich, Geneva, Switzerland, , 07/24/2014 09:57
- 485296) Ken Butler, Union, Usa, Law Enforcement, 07/23/2014 20:29
- 485295) Jessica Butler, Union, USA , Elementary Teacher, 07/23/2014 20:20
- 485294) Aloyzas Stanisauskis, Kaunas, Lithuania, , 07/23/2014 19:22
- 485293) Augsute Stanisauskyte, Kaunas, Lithuania, , 07/23/2014 19:19
- 485292) Renee Carnes, Elk Grove, USA, Analyst, 07/23/2014 16:59
- 485291) Privacy Protection, 07/23/2014 12:06
- 485290) Prashant Poonia, jaipur, india, , 07/23/2014 10:56
- 485289) Privacy Protection, 07/22/2014 20:41
- 485288) Privacy Protection, 07/22/2014 08:31
- 485287) Cassie Ching, San Gabriel, United States, , 07/22/2014 06:19
- 485286) Privacy Protection, 07/22/2014 01:54
- 485285) Privacy Protection, 07/22/2014 01:48
- 485284) Dezja Dotson, Dilworth, USA, , 07/22/2014 00:09
- 485283) jerome gervais, hazebrouck, france, enseignant, 07/21/2014 22:04
- 485282) Olanike Oyedele, Richmond, USA, , 07/21/2014 20:16
- 485281) Privacy Protection, 07/21/2014 17:56
- 485280) Neha Parbhudayal, Monster, Netherlands, teacher, 07/21/2014 16:52
- 485279) Amit Shaan, Monster, Netherlands, multimedia designer, 07/21/2014 16:50
- 485278) Konstantin Isakov, Ekaterinburg , Russia , Business , 07/21/2014 16:41
- 485277) JOSE LUIS VAZQUEZ, Cortegana, Huelva- Spain, , 07/21/2014 16:01
- 485276) Privacy Protection, 07/21/2014 15:30
- 485275) abdelkrim nemri, saida, algerie, , 07/21/2014 11:59
- 485274) Jawan Miller, San Francisco, United States, Student, 07/21/2014 04:26
- 485273) Severine Lorole, Ustartiz, France, traductrice, 07/21/2014 04:03
- 485272) Berkehan Almaç, Manisa, Turkey, , 07/21/2014 03:34
- 485271) Mia Elliott, Little rock, USA , , 07/21/2014 03:08
- 485270) Canberk Uçar, Manisa, Turkey, , 07/21/2014 02:51
- 485269) Canan Kaplan, Manisa, Turkey, , 07/21/2014 02:50
- 485268) Gwendaëlle Abrador, Anglet , France, , 07/20/2014 22:19
- 485267) Bruna Brandão, São Paulo, Brazil, Student, 07/20/2014 16:46
- 485266) Clive Broekhuizen, Cape Town, South Africa, Self Employed, 07/20/2014 15:59
- 485265) Anna Broekhuizen, Cape Town, South Africa, Real Estate Agent, 07/20/2014 15:56
- 485264) john strother, killeen, United States, , 07/20/2014 12:26
- 485263) yang kun, taian, china, daiyue, 07/20/2014 08:50
- 485262) Amit Gujral, New Delhi, India, Software, 07/20/2014 08:33
- 485261) Paul Palmer, Cheltenham, United Kingdom, Account manager, 07/19/2014 19:01
- 485260) Flora SURVEILLE, Valenciennes, France, étudiante, 07/19/2014 16:09
- 485259) Privacy Protection, 07/19/2014 12:23
- 485258) aurelie benoit, ternay, france, , 07/19/2014 10:26
- 485257) Janaína Araújo de Souza Janaína Araújo de Souza, Vinhedo, Brasil, Relações Públicas e Marketing, 07/18/2014 19:16
- 485256) Dave Govender, Durban, South Africa, Self Employed, 07/18/2014 14:12
- 485255) Константин Джагутанов, Ставрополь, Россия, , 07/18/2014 10:15
- 485254) Анастасия Юрьевна Ефремова, Москва, Россия, , 07/18/2014 10:14
- 485253) Юлия Кудрявцева, Москва, Россия, , 07/18/2014 10:12
- 485252) Lori Carey, Sarasota, United States, Real Estate Sales, 07/18/2014 09:07
- 485251) Jennifer Mills, Cincinnati, United States, Medical registrar, 07/18/2014 08:33
- 485250) Diane Giordano, Sarasota, United States, , 07/17/2014 21:43
- 485249) Lisa Turner, Sarasota, United States, insurance agent, 07/17/2014 19:45