Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 499017 signatures of the target 500000
- 499017) Alexandra Nagy, Miskolc, Hungary, , 10/05/2015 09:10
- 499016) Laszlone Nagy, Budapest, Hungary , Sales, 10/05/2015 08:15
- 499015) István Buzder-Lantos, Hódmezővásárhely, Hungary, Engineer, 10/05/2015 07:13
- 499014) Gyöngyi Csilla Janecskó, Hódmezővásárhely, Hungary, House wife, 10/05/2015 07:09
- 499013) Edit Galambosné Janecskó, Budapest, Hungary, Teacher, 10/05/2015 07:05
- 499012) Tamás Tamási, Leanyfalu, Hungary, Movie decorator, 10/05/2015 06:12
- 499011) Donat Kari, Leanyfalu, Hungary, Student, 10/05/2015 06:10
- 499010) Dominik Kari, Leányfalu, Hungary, Student, 10/05/2015 06:08
- 499009) Gyöngyvér Tamási, Leányfalu, Hungary, Shop manager, 10/05/2015 06:02
- 499008) Mariann Nagy-Kalsecz, Tab, Hungary, , 10/05/2015 05:27
- 499007) Flóra Buzder-Lantos, Szeged, Hungary, Student, 10/05/2015 05:25
- 499006) Privacy Protection, 10/04/2015 21:04
- 499005) Privacy Protection, 10/04/2015 20:10
- 499004) Renaldo Blakemore, Chicago, United States, Mail carrier, 10/04/2015 14:48
- 499003) Michelle White, Cottonwood Heights, United States, Ski Instructor, 10/04/2015 04:03
- 499002) Khaleia Finnie , Memphis , United States of America , , 10/03/2015 00:04
- 499001) Privacy Protection, 10/02/2015 19:29
- 499000) John Irving, London, Canada, , 10/02/2015 14:29
- 498999) Privacy Protection, 10/02/2015 13:52
- 498998) Sarah Rassam, Beirut, Lebanon, Student, 10/02/2015 08:28
- 498997) Kitti Benko, Budapest, Hungary, student, housewife, 10/02/2015 07:44
- 498996) Jose Salinas, Arvin, UNITED STATES, Delivery Driver, 10/02/2015 01:15
- 498995) Cynthia Lopez, Arvin, United States, House wife, 10/02/2015 01:13
- 498994) Privacy Protection, 10/01/2015 16:51
- 498993) Andrea Ellis, Stockport, United Kingdom , Medical Secretary , 10/01/2015 16:44
- 498992) Barbara Wilce, Swindon, UK, Retired, 10/01/2015 13:12
- 498991) Privacy Protection, 10/01/2015 09:25
- 498990) B K, Peshawar, Pakistan, Engg, 10/01/2015 03:08
- 498989) Privacy Protection, 09/30/2015 20:44
- 498988) Privacy Protection, 09/30/2015 15:22
- 498987) Naveen Agrawal, Kathmandu, Nepal, Business, 09/30/2015 15:03
- 498986) Mohainé Valéria, Budapest, Hungaria, , 09/30/2015 12:28
- 498985) Usman Jadoon, Peshawar, Pakistan, Mechanical Engineer, 09/30/2015 11:27
- 498984) Maryum Paracha, Peshawar, Pakistan, Student, 09/30/2015 11:07
- 498983) Nasir Ali, Peshawar, Pakistan, Lecturer, 09/30/2015 10:51
- 498982) saad iftikhar, lahore, pakistan, civil engineer, 09/30/2015 10:49
- 498981) Owais Farooq , Peshawar, Pakistan, Student, 09/30/2015 10:47
- 498980) Ifrah Saleem, Peshawar, Pakistan, HR officer, 09/30/2015 10:09
- 498979) Amna Rahat, peshawar, pakistan, student, 09/30/2015 09:48
- 498978) Maryam Safi, London, United kingdom, Student, 09/30/2015 09:44
- 498977) maham shah, peshawer , pakistan , research analyst , 09/30/2015 08:39
- 498976) Farnaz Vakil, Ahmedabad, India, student, 09/30/2015 07:47
- 498975) Franziska Schilling, Lucerne, Switzerland, , 09/29/2015 21:33
- 498974) daniela galantin, MELZO, ITALIA, IMPIEGATA, 09/29/2015 20:08
- 498973) Privacy Protection, 09/29/2015 13:58
- 498972) garda daniel, cluj napoca, romania, firefighter, 09/29/2015 13:28
- 498971) Éva Borbély, Szekszárd, Hungary, , 09/28/2015 05:19
- 498970) Privacy Protection, 09/27/2015 20:21
- 498969) Elizabeth Stewart, Waterlooville, UK, Retired, 09/27/2015 20:01
- 498968) Privacy Protection, 09/27/2015 16:55