Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 500300 signatures of the target 500000 (100.06%). Now let’s get 1 million signatures!
- 500300) Privacy Protection, 11/25/2015 21:57
- 500299) motlatsi kompi, maseru , Lesotho, none for now, 11/25/2015 20:38
- 500298) Privacy Protection, 11/25/2015 12:57
- 500297) István Hajduk, Veľké Kapušany, Slovakia, pensioner, 11/24/2015 12:51
- 500296) Sheila Olofsson, Chicago, United States, , 11/24/2015 05:06
- 500295) Veronica Olofsson, Los Angeles, United States, Self Employed, 11/24/2015 05:05
- 500294) Ghewar Ram Bhanwal, Jodhpur, Bhart, , 11/23/2015 14:54
- 500293) Morelmy Ortiz Fagundez , Madrid, España, Madre y prima de pacientes con vitiligo , 11/22/2015 23:23
- 500292) Privacy Protection, 11/22/2015 12:18
- 500291) Gerrie Dozier, Chicago, Us, PNA, 11/21/2015 14:23
- 500290) Daniel Fraser, Melbourne, Australia, Computer Technician, 11/21/2015 03:10
- 500289) Privacy Protection, 11/20/2015 15:48
- 500288) Lisiane Braun, Gravatai, Brasil , , 11/20/2015 10:23
- 500287) Phyllis Denning, St. Marys, United States, , 11/20/2015 05:57
- 500286) Tiffany Wells, Brooklyn Park, United States, Support Specialist , 11/20/2015 03:26
- 500285) Audrey Bergstrom, Defuniak, Usa, , 11/20/2015 00:52
- 500284) Nelly Cotto, Holyoke , US, Disabled, 11/19/2015 23:54
- 500283) Jake Jenkins, Carshalton, England, Alloy wheel technician, 11/19/2015 22:08
- 500282) Yoggi Firmanda, Berlin, Germany, , 11/19/2015 21:09
- 500281) Courtney Burrow, Atlanta, United States of America, , 11/19/2015 20:21
- 500280) Mayela Rosales, Michigan, Usa, Public Accountant, 11/19/2015 19:38
- 500279) Grelly Garcia, Lima, Peru, Student, 11/19/2015 19:19
- 500278) Setshaba Mamabolo, Pretoria, South Africa, Student, 11/19/2015 17:35
- 500277) Jabulile Nkuna, NELSPRUIT, South Africa, Student, 11/19/2015 07:03
- 500276) Tyra Hardeman, Tulsa, United States , , 11/18/2015 16:28
- 500275) Chalya Miri-Gazhi, Jos, Nigeria, Event Planner, 11/18/2015 07:01
- 500274) Khai Siu Chu, Singapore, Singapore, Optometrist, 11/18/2015 06:26
- 500273) Pıtır Temiz, İstanbul, Türkiye, Ev hanımı, 11/17/2015 09:35
- 500272) Pamuk Temiz, İstanbul, Türkiye, Ev hanımı, 11/17/2015 09:33
- 500271) Şediye Temiz, İstanbul, Türkiye, Öğrenci, 11/17/2015 08:44
- 500270) zeynep çakıroğlu, istanbul, turkey, teacher, 11/17/2015 08:39
- 500269) alparslan çakıroğlu, istanbul, turkey, student, 11/17/2015 08:35
- 500268) fetih çakıroğlu, istanbul, turkey, student, 11/17/2015 08:01
- 500267) vildan çakıroğlu, istanbul, turkey, student, 11/17/2015 07:59
- 500266) Dawn Falconer, Leicester, England, , 11/16/2015 21:44
- 500265) Ildiko Nagy, Budapest, Hungary, , 11/16/2015 19:50
- 500264) Leea Cole, Tampa, USA, Teacher, 11/16/2015 16:28
- 500263) ann Nguyen , Houston , usa, , 11/12/2015 03:35
- 500262) Egnete Alves Mariano, Cajazeiras PB, Brasil, Aposentada, 11/12/2015 01:26
- 500261) lamine myriam, draguugnan, france, , 11/11/2015 13:20
- 500260) Pat Quigley, London, UK, Teacher, 11/10/2015 21:58
- 500259) Privacy Protection, 11/10/2015 19:44
- 500258) Privacy Protection, 11/10/2015 08:58
- 500257) Privacy Protection, 11/10/2015 08:00
- 500256) Sebastian Hoyos, Oakland park, United State, customer service, 11/09/2015 20:59
- 500255) Luz Gallego, Oakland park, United States, , 11/09/2015 20:58
- 500254) Johanna Rubiano, Oakland park, United States, customer service, 11/09/2015 20:54
- 500253) Donna Duke, Rancho Cucamonga, USA, Retired, 11/09/2015 20:25
- 500252) arianna consoli, milan, italy, student, 11/09/2015 18:06
- 500251) georges marie poonoosawmy, saint denis, france, , 11/09/2015 18:01