Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 482084 signatures of the target 500000
- 482084) Nathaniel Figueroa, Rahway, USA, Artist, 04/18/2014 14:18
- 482083) MARIA TSAOUSOPOULOU, ATHENS, Ελλάδα, , 04/18/2014 13:27
- 482082) Wynand Kruger, Tsitsikamma, South Africa, Electronics technician, 04/18/2014 12:47
- 482081) Sian Deyzel, Tsitsikamma, South Africa, Guesthouse manager, 04/18/2014 12:45
- 482080) GEORGE ANASTASIADIS, ATHENS, GREECE, PEDIATRICIAN, 04/18/2014 11:25
- 482079) AFRODITI firstname.lastname@example.org, ATHENS, Ελλάδα, DOCTOR, 04/18/2014 10:29
- 482078) Elena Tsepeli, ATHENS, Greece, Doctor, 04/18/2014 10:28
- 482077) George Giannakopoulos, Athens, Greece, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, 04/18/2014 08:32
- 482076) Joseph Blount, Detroit Michigan, USA, , 04/18/2014 08:19
- 482075) Alice Williams, Chicago il, USA, manager, 04/18/2014 08:16
- 482074) Lindsay Reeseg, Rahway, USA, , 04/18/2014 08:06
- 482073) Tiara Williams, chicago il, united states, project manager, 04/18/2014 08:04
- 482072) george nodaras, pireaus, greece, nurse, 04/18/2014 08:01
- 482071) Eneicia Benitez, Miami, United States, artist, 04/18/2014 06:00
- 482070) Jasmyn Carballeira, Hillside, USA, Student, 04/18/2014 05:46
- 482069) Bijal Nisraiyya, Scotch Plains, USA, , 04/18/2014 05:34
- 482068) Parisse Dawkins, Rahway , USA, Student, 04/18/2014 04:59
- 482067) George Papangelis, Athens, Greece, Radiation Physicist, 04/17/2014 23:50
- 482066) Missy Courtney, Charlotte , USA, , 04/17/2014 21:29
- 482065) gianfranco bordonaro, reggio calabria, italia, polizia, 04/17/2014 21:25
- 482064) Roberto Valverde, Miami, US, Car Restoration, 04/17/2014 19:35
- 482063) Jose Garcia, Hialeah, US, Banker, 04/17/2014 19:34
- 482062) Mayra Pina, Miami, US, Banking, 04/17/2014 19:33
- 482061) Gaston Gloch, Miami, USA, Auto Parts, 04/17/2014 19:32
- 482060) Daniel Tapanes, South Miami, United States, Carpet cleaning, 04/17/2014 19:31
- 482059) Juan Bellon, Hialeah, us, Chemical Sales, 04/17/2014 19:30
- 482058) Anthony Johnson, Hollywood, usa, Account Executive, 04/17/2014 19:29
- 482057) Daniel Murrell, Tampa, United States, human resources, 04/17/2014 19:28
- 482056) sandra strasser, Osijek, Croatia, , 04/17/2014 19:00
- 482055) Malik Jeter, New jersey , Rahway, , 04/17/2014 18:53
- 482054) Eric Melendez, Rahway, United States Of America, , 04/17/2014 18:13
- 482053) Nicole Davis, Rahway, USA, , 04/17/2014 18:02
- 482052) Marta Czerwinska, Edinburgh, Scotland, Student, 04/17/2014 15:45
- 482051) Inge Dove, Pforzheim, Germany, , 04/17/2014 15:27
- 482050) Andre Kruger, Tsitsikamma, South Africa, Self employed, 04/17/2014 11:45
- 482049) Dajana Golić, Belišće, Croatia, , 04/17/2014 08:59
- 482048) Penelope Bera, Rahway, United States, Chef, 04/17/2014 06:36
- 482047) Olivia Judah, Rahway, USA, student, 04/17/2014 05:53
- 482046) Privacy Protection, 04/17/2014 03:43
- 482045) Christian Gould, London, England, Marketer, 04/17/2014 03:05
- 482044) Asya Bridger, Laurinburg, USA, Sales Associate, 04/17/2014 02:52
- 482043) Sheldon Achaab, mississauga, Canada, Student, 04/17/2014 02:44
- 482042) Keri Golden, Rahway , United States, Student, 04/17/2014 02:28
- 482041) Batoul Abbasi, Dearborn Heights , USA, , 04/17/2014 01:36
- 482040) Lara Harp, Dearborn, u.s.a, student, 04/16/2014 22:00
- 482039) Raul Companioni, Miami, US, Car Salesman, 04/16/2014 21:00
- 482038) Carlos Jimenez, Hialeah, United States, Car Dealer Owner, 04/16/2014 20:59
- 482037) Frank Lima, Miami, USA, Truck Sales, 04/16/2014 20:58
- 482036) Raul Dube, Pompano Beach, us, Aviation, 04/16/2014 20:57
- 482035) Jose Boveda, Hialeah, us, Car Salesman, 04/16/2014 20:56