Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 485723 signatures of the target 500000
- 485723) Vanja Lukic, Podgorica, Montenegro, , 09/02/2014 18:04
- 485722) Yolanda ortega muñoz, madrid, españa, Química- Técnico de calidad, 09/02/2014 11:16
- 485721) Bill Austin, Trumbull, USA, Program Manager, 09/02/2014 01:44
- 485720) Sherry Karpen, New Ulm, USA, retired, 09/02/2014 00:41
- 485719) Valerie Kardaras, Toronto, Canada, Project Coordinator, 09/01/2014 20:59
- 485718) Privacy Protection, 09/01/2014 13:28
- 485717) Privacy Protection, 09/01/2014 11:21
- 485716) margaret lefebvre, le moule, guadeloupe, retraité, 08/31/2014 21:52
- 485715) Ivana Tmusic, Belgrade, Republic of Serbia, , 08/31/2014 15:51
- 485714) Dubravka Stevic, Belgrade, Serbia, medical nurse, 08/31/2014 13:41
- 485713) юлия мущенко, владивосток, россия, , 08/31/2014 06:14
- 485712) Vedette van Kleef, Johannesburg, South Africa, IT Consultant, 08/30/2014 18:01
- 485711) donna dicker, morgan hill, CA, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:49
- 485710) cherisse white, morgan hill, CA, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:48
- 485709) kelley barnes, morgan hill, CA, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:46
- 485708) Lori Manush, morgan hill, CA, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:45
- 485707) joanne godinez, morgan hill, CA, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:42
- 485706) dakota white, morgan hill, CA, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:41
- 485705) Chris Rose, hollistel, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:40
- 485704) Kyle Mcelroy, morgan hill, CA, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:39
- 485703) Amy Mcelroy, morgan hill, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:37
- 485702) makena mcelroy, morgan hill, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:32
- 485701) Janet Mcelroy, morgan hill, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:24
- 485700) chris berglund, san jose, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:22
- 485699) david perez, gilroy, ca, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:10
- 485698) troy garein, CA, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:09
- 485697) Cheryl Franzen, Morgan Hills, CA, USA, , 08/29/2014 17:07
- 485696) Junko Stonehocker, Morgan Hills, CA, USA, , 08/29/2014 17:06
- 485695) neil c Graimaler, CA, USA, , 08/29/2014 17:06
- 485694) bruce woten, gilray,ca, usa, , 08/29/2014 17:00
- 485693) Elaine Wetteraner, seattle, usa, , 08/29/2014 16:59
- 485692) Privacy Protection, 08/28/2014 13:21
- 485691) Alejandro Diaz Hernandez, Aguascalientes, Mexico, industra, 08/28/2014 13:01
- 485690) Privacy Protection, 08/28/2014 12:59
- 485689) Izabela Moulianitaki, Athens, Greece, Student, 08/27/2014 22:26
- 485688) keven simard, québec, st-jean chrysostome, , 08/27/2014 19:28
- 485687) Magnus Gålfalk, Stockholm, Sweden, Environmental Researcher, 08/27/2014 17:34
- 485686) Steve Merette, St-Etienne-de-Lauzon, Canada, , 08/27/2014 16:57
- 485685) Suzanne Perreault, St-Etienne-de-Lauzon, Canada, , 08/27/2014 16:54
- 485684) Nathalie Garcia, new york city, usa , dental assistant, 08/27/2014 14:31
- 485683) Антон Горбатов, Воронеж, Россия, , 08/27/2014 14:04
- 485682) Александр Кириллов, Хабаровск, Россия, Военнослужащий, 08/27/2014 12:02
- 485681) Privacy Protection, 08/27/2014 11:58
- 485680) Ermes Di Venere, Bari, Italia, disoccupato, 08/27/2014 10:27
- 485679) Privacy Protection, 08/27/2014 09:31
- 485678) Кристина наумова, Воронеж, РФ, бухгалтер, 08/27/2014 09:29
- 485677) Sheila Medina-Janikula, Inver Grove Heights, United States, Billing Specialist, 08/27/2014 03:55
- 485676) Marie-Claude Latulippe, Québec, St-Bruno, interior designer, 08/27/2014 03:17
- 485675) Potvin Lise, Québec, Québec, Retraité, 08/27/2014 02:59
- 485674) Anne Bales, Milwaukee, USA, , 08/27/2014 02:01