Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 481573 signatures of the target 500000
- 481573) Eunice Serrano, Bacolod, Philippines, , 03/13/2014 05:20
- 481572) Mckenzie Marvel, Tacoma, US, student, 03/13/2014 04:11
- 481571) Margarita Gutierrez, Hialeah, US, Bookkeeper, 03/12/2014 19:41
- 481570) Loyda Alonso, Hialeah, United States, Housewife, 03/12/2014 19:40
- 481569) Jose M. Fernandez, Hialeah, US, Sales, 03/12/2014 19:38
- 481568) Jeanette Meneses, Miami, USA, , 03/12/2014 16:05
- 481567) Steven Benjamin, Henrietta, USA, Lab, 03/12/2014 03:15
- 481566) Melanie Gonzalez, Tampa, United States, Call Center Representative, 03/12/2014 00:13
- 481565) Candice Gonzalez, Tampa, United States, Client Services Specialist, 03/12/2014 00:11
- 481564) Edgar Gonzalez, Tampa, United States, Petroleum Inspector, 03/12/2014 00:09
- 481563) Privacy Protection, 03/11/2014 08:19
- 481562) Joseph Meyers, Hurst, United States, Cashier, 03/11/2014 06:39
- 481561) Luis Diaz, Ft. Lauderdale, US, Sales, 03/10/2014 21:06
- 481560) Emmanuelle Almansa, Montauroux, France , conseillère en clientèle, 03/10/2014 20:58
- 481559) Nancy Alonso, Miami, United States, Housecleaning, 03/10/2014 20:50
- 481558) Jenny Miller, Miami, US, Housewife, 03/10/2014 20:47
- 481557) Privacy Protection, 03/10/2014 19:57
- 481556) Patrick Stein, Leipzig, Germany, , 03/10/2014 09:23
- 481555) Jean Osborne, Atlanta, USA, Secretary, 03/10/2014 05:46
- 481554) Privacy Protection, 03/09/2014 20:14
- 481553) Slava Paneva, Sofia, Bulgaria, Biotechnologyst, 03/09/2014 18:12
- 481552) JAROSŁAW KASEJA, Poznań, Polska, operator maszyn, 03/09/2014 12:05
- 481551) Walid Awad, Dearborn, United States, , 03/09/2014 06:18
- 481550) Sverre Tangen Simnsen, oslo, norway, , 03/08/2014 23:35
- 481549) Privacy Protection, 03/08/2014 15:20
- 481548) Danielle Williams, Lexington park 'Maryland , USA , , 03/08/2014 08:49
- 481547) ki lin, beijing, china, , 03/08/2014 04:36
- 481546) vie lin, beijing, china, teacher, 03/08/2014 04:08
- 481545) hk ge, beijing, china, doctor, 03/08/2014 04:06
- 481544) Jessica Brown , Newark, UsA, , 03/08/2014 01:01
- 481543) Richard Borges, miami, us, Puller, 03/07/2014 19:57
- 481542) Humberto Ulloa, Miami, US, Driver, 03/07/2014 19:53
- 481541) Kathleen Campos, Miami, USA, Auto Parts, 03/07/2014 19:52
- 481540) Privacy Protection, 03/06/2014 20:35
- 481539) Arles Flores, Miami, USA, Skycap, 03/06/2014 16:45
- 481538) Hope Farrow, Foley, United States, Bookkeeper, 03/05/2014 23:24
- 481537) carlos adames, miami, us, driver, 03/05/2014 22:53
- 481536) Franklin Martinez, Miami, usa, driver, 03/05/2014 22:50
- 481535) Franklin Martinez, Miami, usa, driver, 03/05/2014 22:48
- 481534) Roberto Solis, Miami, USA, Collector, 03/05/2014 22:45
- 481533) Roberto Garcia, Miami, USA, Salesman, 03/05/2014 22:41
- 481532) Edwin Borda, Miami, US, Sales, 03/05/2014 22:37
- 481531) Edwin Borda, Miami, US, Sales, 03/05/2014 22:35
- 481530) Julio Hernandez, Miami, USA, Auto parts Salesman, 03/05/2014 22:33
- 481529) Felix Lacayo, Miami, US, Counterman, 03/05/2014 22:30
- 481528) Jesus Perez, Miami, Florida, United States, Counterman, 03/05/2014 22:27
- 481527) Nicolas Perez, Miami, US, Driver, 03/05/2014 22:15
- 481526) Nicolas Perez, Miami, US, Driver, 03/05/2014 22:13
- 481525) Javier Perez, Miami, US, Arts, 03/05/2014 22:10
- 481524) Javier Perez, Miami, US, Arts, 03/05/2014 22:09