Hear us as we speak with one voice about human rights, healthcare and education. We, the undersigned, are just the few of estimated over 100 million people living, working, taking care of children across the world with this neglected disease, vitiligo.
We contribute to every single industry and culture in the world. We are the rich and the poor. We are the face of the entire all neglected disease community. You find us in schools, hospitals, on TV and movies screens, sport arenas, and churches, while many went into seclusion and voluntary isolation from society.
Although vitiligo daily has destroyed the lives of millions of individuals since recorded history, predominantly in the developing world, there is no cure in sight. But few diseases give rise to more fear and loathing than vitiligo, especially in dark-skinned people, in whom it can be strikingly prominent. And because it is not contagious or life-threatening, we often receive no support whatsoever from our national healthcare systems.
Thus, I support the initiative 25June and respectfully require the United Nations to
1. Urgently pursue multilateral efforts in vitiligo healthcare and education, and to
2. Designate June 25 as the World Vitiligo Day.
Mr. Secretary-General, please hear our voice. We know you can encourage Member States to respect our rights. Please pursue policies supportive of neglected disease collaboration, vitiligo in particular. This is central to the human rights and personal dignity of millions of women, men and children on this Earth.
Yours in health and freedom,
Why Is It Important
There are a lot of people who don't want you to stand up for your rights and demand a cure. They say vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious, and you must embrace a life of a pariah, hiding yourself from sunlight and from the society.
Vitiligo is an under-researched disease resulting in milky white skin patches on the skin. The breadth and complexity of the disease require international collaboration in therapy development. The severity of the disease calls for national healthcare support.
So, speak up for your condition and your rights. Sign the letter to tell the UN Secretary-General that you want recognition and support. It would be appreciated if you could give every member of your family or group an opportunity for signing.
We have collected 487342 signatures of the target 500000
- 487342) steven jones, Rocky Mount, USA, Driver, 05/29/2015 21:51
- 487341) Tyeasha Thompson, charlotte, UsS, medical, 05/29/2015 21:41
- 487340) Dave Kenney, Calgary, Canada, Oil & Gas Contractor, 05/29/2015 21:22
- 487339) Alexandra Arconte, oristano , italy , student , 05/29/2015 21:10
- 487338) Cynthia Harris, Kennesaw, United States, Nurse, 05/29/2015 21:06
- 487337) Max Dhragger, Michoacán, México, Student, 05/29/2015 19:31
- 487336) Arianna Lamacchia, Italy, Bari, Student, 05/29/2015 19:24
- 487335) Shah Rez, Islamabad, Pakistan, Student, 05/29/2015 19:22
- 487334) Nelly Cardinale, Cape Canaveral Fl, US, College Professor, 05/29/2015 19:13
- 487333) Toks Olukolu, london, essex, project worker, 05/29/2015 18:53
- 487332) Raven Williams, Philadelphia, United States, Student, 05/29/2015 18:25
- 487331) Privacy Protection, 05/29/2015 18:15
- 487330) RJ Leahcim Noskcaj, Lanciano, Italy, student, 05/29/2015 17:53
- 487329) Tasha silva, Hemet, USA, stay at home mom, 05/29/2015 17:06
- 487328) Monica Andreozzi, Teverola, Italy, Student, 05/29/2015 17:06
- 487327) Francesca Lorenzi , roma, italia, studente, 05/29/2015 16:43
- 487326) Nunzia Tristano, Pisticci, Italy, housewife, 05/29/2015 15:49
- 487325) Noemi Borraccia, Pisticci, Italy, Student, 05/29/2015 15:48
- 487324) Emanuela Borraccia, Pisticci, Italy, Student, 05/29/2015 15:47
- 487323) Jul Pini, Brescia, Italy, Student, 05/29/2015 13:35
- 487322) Marco Aguilar , Waukegan, United States , Kitchen staff, 05/29/2015 13:32
- 487321) Susy Esposito, Nocera, Italy, Student, 05/29/2015 13:30
- 487320) Annalisa Corato, Napoli, Italy, , 05/29/2015 13:28
- 487319) Adriana Buzamurga, Avellino, Italy, Student, 05/29/2015 13:15
- 487318) Eleonora Santoro, Avellino, Italy, Studente, 05/29/2015 13:04
- 487317) cherry opalla, pateros, philippines, sales rep, 05/29/2015 10:23
- 487316) Jasmine Jackson, Milano, Italy, , 05/29/2015 05:37
- 487315) Privacy Protection, 05/29/2015 03:58
- 487314) Toni Vargas, Scottsdale , USA, Homemaker, 05/29/2015 03:51
- 487313) Cyndi Matteson, Houston, USA, retired, 05/29/2015 03:28
- 487312) Kathleen Aldrich, San Antonio , USA , Executive Assistant, 05/29/2015 03:15
- 487311) Shelby Hill, Leander, United States, , 05/29/2015 03:04
- 487310) Larry Canamar, San Antonio, US, Self, 05/29/2015 02:35
- 487309) MARY DENICE TENNILL, SAN ANTONIO, UNITED STATES, MEDICARE AUDITOR, 05/29/2015 02:34
- 487308) laurie hatch, longmeadow, usa, marketing executive, 05/29/2015 02:28
- 487307) stacey neeley, jourdanton , usa, office manager, 05/29/2015 02:26
- 487306) ANTHONY FONTANA, HUNTINGTON, USA, BANKER, 05/29/2015 02:20
- 487305) Deb Borawski, franklin , united states, house wife, 05/29/2015 02:15
- 487304) Privacy Protection, 05/29/2015 01:46
- 487303) Clarissa Mayse, Boerne, USA, Marketing, 05/29/2015 01:45
- 487302) Privacy Protection, 05/28/2015 20:24
- 487301) Mimi Demetrio, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines, Architect Apprentice, 05/28/2015 19:21
- 487300) vale turconi, milano, italy, , 05/28/2015 18:40
- 487299) Jill West, Stirling, Canada, Recreation and Leisure Services, 05/28/2015 17:49
- 487298) Christoni Luz, Cape Town, South Africa, , 05/28/2015 15:27
- 487297) Maria Ferlisi, Bologna, Italia, , 05/28/2015 11:15
- 487296) Claire Randall, Gloucester, England, Civil Servant, 05/28/2015 10:23
- 487295) Эльмира Динова, Москва, Россия, , 05/28/2015 10:00
- 487294) Luciana Barsalini, Italy, Portoferraio, , 05/28/2015 07:35
- 487293) Azizakhon Yakubova, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Lutfiy 5, 31, 05/28/2015 04:15